Failures Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
This course provides an introduction to Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, a key process improvement and risk management tool that can be applied to processes, systems, components, and products. Topics include;
– The Purpose and Uses of an FMEA
– How to Constructing an FMEA
– Rating Failure Modes and Assigning Risk Priority Numbers
– Interpreting your Results
– Using the FMEA as an Improvement/Risk Mitigation Tool
Estimated duration: 1 1/2 hours (including exercises, if applicable)
Note: A good companion to this course is “S002-2-Error-Proofing”.
COURSE MATERIALS: Included in your course materials is a “workbook” that offers a 3-slide per page booklet that you can download and/or print for note taking. Additional templates and other required resources are also included your course files.
TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE: You can assess your understanding of the topics presented in this course by completing the test at the end of the course.
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Test your knowledge!
All units must be completed.