Kanban & Material Management
This course provides an introduction to improved material management techniques including kanban, supermarkets and point of use systems. Topics include;
- Improving flow
- Just in time (JIT)
- Touch once principle
- Single piece flow
- Moving from “push” to “pull”
- Material replenishment
- Guiding principles
- Kanban systems
Estimated duration: 1 1/2 hours (including exercises, if applicable)
COURSE MATERIALS: Included in your course materials is a “workbook” that offers a 3-slide per page booklet that you can download and/or print for note taking. Additional templates and other required resources are also included your course files.
TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE: You can assess your understanding of the topics presented in this course by completing the test at the end of the course.
- Kanban and Material Management
- One piece flow versus batching – simulation
- Kanban in Manufacturing
- Basic Kanban at Work – Flinders Medical Centre
- Two bin hospital training video
- What is Kanban? The Agile Coach (Atlassian)
- Test your knowledge!
All units must be completed.