Rapid Changeover Techniques/SMED
This course provides an introduction to an important tool for improving flow and increasing overall efficiency, “Rapid or Quick Changeover”, also referred to as “Single Minute Exchange of Dies” (SMED). Topics for this course include;;
- Review: Lean Thinking
- Review: Five Key Principles of Lean & Process Flow
- Review: Work Cell Design
- What is Rapid/Quick Changeover (aka “SMED”)
- Steps to Analyzing a Changeover
- External versus Internal Activities
- Techniques to Reduce Changeover Time
Estimated duration: 1 1/2 hours (including exercises, if applicable)
COURSE MATERIALS: Included in your course materials is a “workbook” that offers a 3-slide per page booklet that you can download and/or print for note taking. Additional templates and other required resources are also included your course files.
TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE: You can assess your understanding of the topics presented in this course by completing the test at the end of the course.
- Rapid Changeover Techniques _SMED
- F1 Pit Stops 1950 vs 2013: Quick Changeover / SMED
- Setup Reduction – Tooling U-SME
- Dr. Randy Fagin: Operating Room Efficiency
- Test your knowledge!
All units must be completed.