Understanding and Implementing 5S/6S
This course provides you with an understanding of 5S/6S and how to implement this important Lean workplace imperative. Topics include;
- The importance of an efficient and effective workplace
- What is 5S (6S)?
- Planning a 5S event
- Conducting a 5S event
- Sustaining the standards and benefits realized by your 5S implementation
Estimated duration: 1 hour (including exercises, if applicable)
COURSE MATERIALS: Included in your course materials is a “workbook” that offers a 3-slide per page booklet that you can download and/or print for note taking. Additional templates and other required resources are also included your course files.
TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE: You can assess your understanding of the topics presented in this course by completing the test at the end of the course.
- Understanding and Implementing 5S
- What is 5S? (http://www.engineertech.org)
- 5S Machine Shop (PMEshop1)
- 5S Lean Manufacturing (www.mskills.org.au)
- 5S Methodology and Tips (Lean Lab)
- Test your knowledge!
All units must be completed.