Value Stream Mapping
This course provides an introduction to value stream mapping, an essential tool for a Lean specialist and the first step to Lean business process transformation. Topics include;
- Review: Lean Principles
- What is a Value Stream Map
- Key Elements of a Value Stream Map
- How to Construct a Current State Map
- Select the Right Value Stream
- Product or Service Routing Chart
- Calculating Takt Time
- Constructing a Future State Value Stream Map
Estimated duration: 2 hours (including exercises, if applicable)
COURSE MATERIALS: Included in your course materials is a “workbook” that offers a 3-slide per page booklet that you can download and/or print for note taking. Additional templates and other required resources are also included your course files.
TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE: You can assess your understanding of the topics presented in this course by completing the test at the end of the course.
- Value Stream Mapping
- What is a Value Stream Map – Epic Processes
- Test your knowledge!
All units must be completed.